Georgien - Kakheti
- Founded in 2012 by Koba Kvatchrelishvili, NAOTARI is one of the leading artisanal wine producers in Georgia, a birthplace of winemaking and land of more than 500 indigenous grape varieties.
- Our vineyards are located at the base of the Caucasus Mountains, north of Chikaani village, known for its dry summers and gravel soils.
- NAOTARI only produces raw, natural wines fermented in qvevri - a clay pot buried in the ground up to its neck - using Georgian native grape varieties of Rkatsiteli, Kisi, Khikhvi, and Saperavi with minimal intervention in the vineyards and the cellar.
- Koba is a dedicated promoter of biodiversity, fully abandoning the harmful synthetic pesticides and herbicides in our vineyards. He strongly believes that the healthy vineyard, as a fully functioning ecosystem, is the key to the productions of the premium quality wines. In the cellar, he’s practicing the principles of the minimal intervention, fermenting wines with indigenous yeasts and not allowing sulfur or other additives at any stage of vinification.
- NAOTARI produces handcrafted qvevri wines in small batches with no filtering or fining. Production quantities are currently at 5,000 bottles per harvest. All of our wines are made using the principles of low intervention and fermented with extended skin contact up to 6 months.